ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT (EIA) STUDY:
“Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is a statutory requirement for most developmental and industrial activities in our country. Its purpose is to identify, examine, assess and evaluate the likely and probable impacts of a proposed project on the environment and, thereby, to work out remedial action plans to minimize adverse impact on the environment.”
Shivalik Solid Waste Management Ltd. (SSWML) is accredited EIA Consultant under accreditation scheme of National Accreditation Board for Education & Training (NABET- a constituent board of the Quality Council of India (QCI)).
We have a core team of highly qualified experts from various fields like Environment, Chemistry, Civil Engineering, Geology, Social Sciences with rich and diversified experience in the field of environment and pollution control.
SSWML PROVIDE EIA SERVICES IN FOLLOWING SECTORS:
- Mining of minerals 1(a) (i)
- River Valley, Hydel, Drainage and Irrigation projects 1 (c)
- Thermal power plants; Metallurgical industries 1 (d)
- Pesticides industry and pesticide specific intermediates 5 (b)
- Common hazardous waste treatment, storage and disposal facilities (TSDFs) 7 (d)
- Biomedical Waste Treatment Facilities 7(da)
- Building and large construction projects including shopping malls, multiplexes, commercial complexes, housing estates, hospitals, institutions 8 (a)
- Townships and Area development projects.
- Oil & Gas transportation pipeline (crude & refinery/ petrochemical products) passing through national parks/ sanctuaries/ coral reefs/ ecological sensitive areas including LNG Terminal 6 (a)
- Metallurgical Industries (ferrous & non-ferrous)- both primary & secondary 3 (a)
- Isolated storage & handling of Hazardous chemicals (As per threshold planning quantity indicated in column 3 of schedule 2 & 3 of MSIHC Rules 1989 amended 2000) 6 (b)
- Synthetic organic chemicals industry (dyes & dye intermediates; bulk drugs and intermediates excluding drug formulations; synthetic rubbers; basic organic chemicals, other synthetic organic chemicals and chemical intermediates) 5 (f)
- Environment Impact Assessment for obtaining Environmental Clearance
- Social Impact Assessment
- Environment Management Plan
- Environmental Monitoring
- Ecology and biodiversity Studies
- Resettlement & Rehabilitation Action Plan
- Environment Due Diligence
- Preparation & submission of post EC six monthly compliances.
- Preparation of Feasibility Report & Detailed Project Report etc.
- Preparation of Detailed Project Report of TSDF, CETP, CBMWTF, CMSWF etc.
HALF YEARLY COMPLIANCE TO THE CONDITIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL CLEARANCE:
As per the EIA notification, 2006 a mandatory requirement for the project proponents is to submit half-yearly compliance reports in respect of the stipulated prior environmental clearance terms and conditions to the regulatory authority.
An environmental audit is a tool that a company can use to identify the full extent of its environmental impacts, determine whether or not the company is in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and the expectations of its stakeholders, and gain an understanding of how it can sustain or improve its environmental performance going forward.
Environmental Audit process forms a key component of environmental management. It evaluates the performance and compliance of an organization with the prescribed environmental standards to assess the harm caused to the environment or a potential to cause environmental harm.
OBJECTIVES OF ENVIRONMENTAL AUDIT FOR AN ORGANIZATION:
- Monitoring existing management practices.
- Assessing any harm caused to the environment as a result of a process or process design
- Evaluating whether the process and activities of the organization comply by the environmental standards set by the local and international governing bodies.
- Designing and implementing necessary measures or alternatives if necessary.
We help the industries in preparation & completion of Environment Statement. SSWML will pleasurably offer the services in the various areas & hence urge all the industrial associates to avail the facilities to the maximum extent & join hands in the march towards clean environment.
Energy Audit is the first step towards energy efficiency. It’s an energy performance assessment of all systems/equipments that consume energy and Shivalik Solid Waste Management Ltd. started Energy Audits for all types of Industries, Hotels,IT Companies etc. This assessment is done through various engineering tests recommended by BEE with the help of state-of-art tools and BEE certified energy Auditors.